Shadow of Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy!

2 posters

Go down

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Empty HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy!

Post by Sasseh Monsta Fri May 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Cob (vamp) has been looking into HFFF-ing.....

I made this thread either for him to explain or get people for leeching purposes Smile (yes, we need leechers to stand and also get the faction from this Smile )

IMO its a good idea, fast way to get faction but needs to be interspersed with games of AB as it probably gets boring....

Last edited by Sasseh Monsta on Mon May 12, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sasseh Monsta
Sasseh Monsta
The Bestest of the Best
The Bestest of the Best

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Character Data
Name: Mighty Proud
Race: Ele/Ranger

http://www.myspace.com/sas2506

Back to top Go down

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Empty Re: HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy!

Post by Sasseh Monsta Mon May 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Ok, here goes MY explaination. if you want to add in how you feel you like to do it, or post Hero Builds that you use, feel free to Very Happy
I just use what I have Smile

Where do I start Hfff-ing from?
Map Travel to Lutgardis Conservatory

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Gw157

What do I need to be able to Hfff sucessfully?
You will need 3 heros with running builds. Yes, its that simple. (oh and 2 henchies but everyone can get them Razz)

Whats a running build? Can you give me an example?
A running build is a build that enables you or your hero to move at speed through an area without taking much damage from those around you/it.

Here are some examples that I use personally as i only have 4 heros on my account that I can hfff with. My Melonni is only level 15, but can still easily Hfff:

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! MelonniHfffBuild
Melonni

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! KossHfffBuild
Koss

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! TahikoraHfffBuild
Tahikora - There are points in unrelated skills, as otherwise, every time I entered a new area, I would get a message saying "I have 103 unspent skill points" and asking me to assign them. It wound me up so i gave them to things she doesn't need.

Here are the builds that Cob likes to use....

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! ZenmaiHfffBuild-Cob
Zenmai

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! AlcolyteJinHfffBuild-Cob
Acolyte Jin

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! KossHfffBuild-Cob
Koss

As you can see from these builds, Shadow Form, the assasin elite, plays a big part, along with running skills, such as dash. All across the internet you can find good Hfff builds based on the assasin profession, with rangers and warriors preferred to other classes for their range of running skills.

So now I have the heros ready, how is it done?

Read all of this section before you send them off, there are bits that need concentration and relatively good timing.

Start in Lutgardis Conservatory. have your heros set up in a way so that you can see their builds and what enchants they have on them/are using. Be aware that Hero 2 will be doing more work that hero 1 and hero 3, therefore ensure that they have the better healing of the heros. Equip BOTH of the Warrior Henchmen and then leave through the Melandrus Hope portal.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Gw143

Move to stand close to the person with the quest above their head. This is not important to do, you can skip this step, I just like to stand there before I start Very Happy HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Scoutmasterarne
DO NOT GET THE QUEST YET! Open the mission map "U" and adjust it so that you can see most of the area you are in.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Gw149

To set the heros off, it is easiest to set up 3 different keys. To do this, select F11 to bring up the options menu in game, and then click on the tab marked "Control". Click on the "action:command hero 1" button and choose a key to assign to it (enter it into the "type a new key for this action" box). Do the same with command heros 2 and 3. This will make the next bit a lot easier. I chose F6, F7 and F8 for my 3 heros.

Select Hero 1 (in my case, F6) and send it to the space indicated on the map below. Do the same with Hero 2 and Hero 3 in quick sucession (one after the other).

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Sendtheheroshere

This is the fast part. As SOON as you have sent the heros, select Shadow Form on each of their skill bars, followed by dash, or a run skill.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Usingshadowform

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Runskills

Once you have sent them off its time to use the henchies. Select the command party button (under the map - you could also set a key for this as well if you like to make it faster) and place the marker on the mini map in the place below...

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Henchiesgoherewitharrow

Once you have done this, continue to keep the running skills being actived by your heros until Shadow Form ends on them. When Shadow Form ends, select hero 2 and then move its marker to its final destination, and activate the run skills yet again. It should usually get there about the time that Shadow form has recharged.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Finaldestinationofhero2

Providing none of your heros died, you can now accept the quest followed by the reward!

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Quest

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Acceptit

I will make a post in a few mins about what happens if the heros die on the way.... Smile

*edited to add in Jans comments*

Last edited by Sasseh Monsta on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sasseh Monsta
Sasseh Monsta
The Bestest of the Best
The Bestest of the Best

Character Data

Back to top Go down

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Empty Re: HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy!

Post by Sasseh Monsta Mon May 12, 2008 2:20 pm

But what if they die?

Dont worry if one of your henchies die, they sometimes both make it and sometimes only one makes it. If one of your heros die take the following action.

When the heros that are still alive have reached their destination (end of shadow form usually indicates this), then let them regain full health. The most likely hero to die will be Hero 2, as sometimes it gets stuck just to the north of the start. Lets start with that one dying....

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Ohnohero2died

Move the pointer out of the way so that you can see where you want to send the replacement hero.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Movethemarker

Now you should TAKE THE QUEST so as not to loose the fact that the area the hero is currently in has been checked. The quest box "L" should look like this:

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Lookslike

And the Mini map should now show:

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Newmarker

Now, move the marker for hero 1 to the place you FIRST sent Hero 2. Dont forget to wait until Shadow Form has recharged before doing this, and use it and the run skills to get there.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Movehero1tohero2space

Then continue in the same way as if hero 1 was hero 2, so move the marker to the final destination and collect the quest reward.

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Moveithere

HFFF-ing in factions - Picture Heavy! Acceptit

TADAR!

If hero 1 or hero 3 dies, do the same, wait for the closest hero to regain full health, get the quest and then move that closest hero to the place where the dead hero should be. Smile

YOUR DONE!
Sasseh Monsta
Sasseh Monsta
The Bestest of the Best
The Bestest of the Best

Character Data

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasseh Monsta Wed May 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Let me know what you think, either here or in game (Mighty Proud/Firey Zabadah)

And if you have any questions let me know!

A run takes around 1-2 mins at the most (unless more than one hero dies! Razz)
Sasseh Monsta
Sasseh Monsta
The Bestest of the Best
The Bestest of the Best

Character Data

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayumi Nakashi Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 am

Quote from Sasseh Monstah: ** "Once you have done this, continue to keep the running skills being actived by your heros until Shadow Form ends on them. When Shadow Form ends, wait for hero 2 to gain full health back, and then move its marker to its final destination, and activate the run skills yet again. If Shadow Form has recharged that can also be re-used." **

I have found that most of the times hero 2 does not need to wait for his health or shadow for to recharge.. In many cases my hero number 2 could walk to it's final destination without even healing. Shortening the run to a mere 60 seconds in total.. So I make hero 2 run to the final destination some seconds before the shadow form runs out on hero 2.

And also I tend to send my heroes and henches away as soon as I enter the pve area. I do not move a muscle before sending my heros and henches away.. After sending the heroes and henches away, I walk over to that reward guy and immediatly accept his mission.. In that way I can check on some of the progress the heros and henches are making.

When hero number 2's Shadow form is about to recharge, you should be able to accept the reward.. Given the fact that Shadow form's recharge time is 60 seconds, I would say it doesn't take much more as 1 minute for me to gain some faction for us SoG. Smile

Peace mates...
Ayumi Nakashi
Ayumi Nakashi
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasseh Monsta Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Ahhh yeah sorry Very Happy

since this was made I have got better at it XD Razz there are better builds out there that people can use as well, I just like to use some of those that I have shown above. Smile

Sarah
Sasseh Monsta
Sasseh Monsta
The Bestest of the Best
The Bestest of the Best

Character Data

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down